Monthly Archives: September 2011
This post briefly summarises my findings when poking around the file systems on the FLASH of my Kindle 3.
This post briefly summarises an experiment with the built in text-to-speech (TTS) capabilities of my Kindle 3.
I’ve now got a Kindle 3. For the record, there’s a good collection of old (out of copyright) books available at Project Gutenberg. Of course, what counts as old enough to be out of copyright varies by country. There’s the original (US-based), http://www.gutenberg.org/ And an Australian variant, http://gutenberg.net.au/
This post summarises the steps I used to change the root ssh password and enable ssh access over 802.11/WiFi on my jailbroken Kindle 3.
This post summarises the steps I used to jailbreak my Kindle 3 and set up IP-over-USB link to my PC-BSD 8.2 (FreeBSD) desktop.
In mid-September I was given a third generation Amazon “Kindle (Wi-Fi)” (“Kindle 3” or K3) running firmware version 3.2.1. This is my first foray into e-Books, and it seems like a nice little gadget — light weight, pages ‘turn’ promptly and the E-ink “Pearl” display is actually rather easy on the eyes. Oh, and it […]